Governor Ron DeSantis has taken the oath of office to serve as Florida’s 46th Governor. Governor DeSantis has made some new appointments while also keeping some appointments from the Scott administration.
Below are some of the appointments most impactful on the quality of life, services and supports in the community for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
- Secretary Mary Mayhew, The Agency for Health Care Administration
- Director Barbara Palmer, The Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Secretary Chad Poppell, The Florida Department of Children and Families
- Commissioner Richard Corcoran, Florida Department of Education
The Arc of Florida looks forward to working with the new administration as well as the 2019 Florida Legislature.
Our elected and appointed officials need to hear from you regarding the most important issues currently impacting the quality of life for the individuals we serve. Won’t you take some time to talk to them?
Two top legislative priorities of The Arc of Florida for the 2019 session are:
- Provider rates impacting the quality of care and the service delivery system
- Implementation of guidelines for the use of seclusion/restraint actions in the public school system.
The following link will take you to a schedule of your local delegation meetings. This is an opportunity for you to make your voices heard. Please attend and speak out on issues impacting you.
Congratulations to The Arc of Indian River County and Sunrise Arc on their successful applications to Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
The Board of Florida Housing Finance Corporation recommended today, on December 14th, 2018 to fund both agencies for an award of $488,000.00 each, to build new homes for individuals in their community.
We are fortunate this holiday season to know that because of funding through The Florida Housing Finance Corporation, over 33 new homes for have been built or renovated to create a better home environment for the people we serve.
And that makes for very Happy Holidays!