The chapters of The Arc of Florida are independently owned and operated, and as such, handle all employment inquiries themselves. If you wish to seek employment with one of them, please feel free to use our chapter locator page and find the contact information for the closest chapter to you.
If you should have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 1.850.921.0460 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arc of Volusia- Chief Executive Officer
Founded in 1962, The Arc of Volusia(Arc) is a $2 million organization supporting 120 clients with its mission to provide the opportunity for hope, growth, and change to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities within Volusia and the surrounding Counties. The Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please visit www.ARCVOLUSIA.org
Directly responsible to the Board of Directors and serving at the board’s pleasure, the CEO as chief administrator will have operational responsibility for the Arc of Volusia’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its vision, mission and funding priorities. S/he will develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans of the Arc.
Leadership & Management:
- Responsible for personnel and financial oversite of the organization as well as government-mandated compliance reviews
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous data-driven program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize the Arc’s Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, clients, parents, guardians and caregivers, and funders through continuous proactive leadership
- Support a strong Board of Directors: serve as a liaison for each committee, timely communicate with board members, facilitate board involvement, and maintain local, state, and national initiatives
- Lead, coach, develop and retain the Arc’s staff and management team. Develop and administer systems to track progress both financial and programmatic, and evaluate program components, personnel policies, and finance policies so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Serve as daily and organizational signing authority per policy guidelines
- Must oversee two distinct geographically located campuses and travel regularly between the two locations
Fundraising & Communications:
- Serve as spokesperson for the Arc of Volusia
- Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion when necessary
- Create stronger brand awareness through the use of diverse communications and technology mediums
- Use external presence and relationships with potential funders, political and community leaders to garner new opportunities to promote the Arc’s mission
- Must be well networked within the community and demonstrate successful integration of agency and community
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to program development to spur growth in the organization and meet community need
The CEO will be thoroughly committed to The Arc’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 5 years of senior management or leadership experience working with individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities or related field is preferred, a bachelor’s degree with required qualifications will be considered.
- A passion for working with individuals with Intellectual and developmental disabilities and community engagement
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Commitment to quality programs, data-driven program evaluation and innovation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, implement personnel policies and manage a budget
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills, must also be computer proficient
- Candidate must pass a State of Florida level 2 background screening and must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured by the company’s insurance carrier
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should email resume’ to: ArcVolusiaCEOSearch@gmail.com